Jim Kremidas, ACRP Executive Director

Executive Director’s Message: All Hands in On Patient Recruitment and Retention

Clinical Researcher—January 2018 (Volume 32, Issue 1) EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S MESSAGE Jim Kremidas [DOI: 10.14524/CR-18-4006] It’s no accident that our first issue of Clinical Researcher in 2018 is focused on patient engagement. Patients are the driving force behind clinical trials. Identifying the right patients, recruiting them, and retaining them for the duration of a trial are […]

Gary Cramer headshot

Managing Editor’s Message: If We Build it, Will They Even Notice?

Clinical Researcher—January 2018 (Volume 32, Issue 1) MANAGING EDITOR’S MESSAGE Gary W. Cramer [DOI: 10.14524/CR-18-4005] Although it does not appear in these exact words in any of the articles or columns making up this issue, the sentiment that kept coming to my mind as I collected and edited them was the infamous (albeit paraphrased) quote […]

Barnett International

Special Advertising Supplement: Barnett: Are You a QUALIFIED Clinical Research Professional?

SPECIAL ADVERTISING SUPPLEMENT The term qualified is the guiding standard for a clinical research professional’s work assignments.1 Webster’s dictionary defines “qualified” as “being 'competent’ to perform the assigned work, duty, function, or task.” Given our healthcare industry roots, competency-based training for clinical research professionals is based on the model used to train healthcare professionals (e.g., […]

FXM Research

Special Advertising Supplement: FXM Research: It’s Not Just Clinical Research! It’s Clinical Research Excellence…Sustained!

SPECIAL ADVERTISING SUPPLEMENT Founded in 2000, FXM Research is a privately owned and operated Clinical Research Site that conducts Phase ll, lll, and lV clinical research trials specializing in Dermatology. Throughout the years, our ability to deliver aggressive, time-bound enrollment goals, while providing trustworthy data to pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations (CROs), has earned […]

PI Corner: Patient Recruitment and Engagement: One Size Does Not Fit All

Clinical Researcher—January 2018 (Volume 32, Issue 1) PI CORNER Elisa Cascade, MBA; Claire Sears, DPhil [DOI: 10.14524/CR-18-4000] Patient recruitment and retention difficulties commonly lead to delays of one to six months for 86% of clinical trials, with the remaining 14% experiencing even longer delays.1 According to the Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative (CTTI), the public-private partnership […]