Clinical Researcher—April 2023 (Volume 37, Issue 2)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S MESSAGE
Susan P. Landis, Executive Director of ACRP
Have you ever seen how, in movies or television shows, the swift passage of time may be represented by a quick shot of the pages of a calendar whipping by as if being blown in a hurricane wind? That’s what it feels like for the staff and volunteers of your Association as we rush to put all the pieces together for ACRP 2023, speeding along with the force of an irresistible southbound express train aimed at the immovable starting date of April 28.
However, this isn’t our first rodeo, as the saying goes, and with the logistical help and managerial advice of our sponsors, hotel partners, vendors, and meeting planners both onsite and offsite, we aim to deliver nothing but the finest eye-opening moments, educational content, and networking opportunities possible for every stakeholder in the clinical research enterprise who attends.
I find it hard to believe that, after four earlier ACRP conferences in Texas dating as far back as 1985 (thrice in San Antonio and once in Houston), this will be our first-ever visit to Dallas, with all its history, culture, and attractions lying in wait for us. We look forward to seeing many fresh and familiar faces as we strive to inspire, inform, and connect you with one another during our time in the “Big D.” It will be a homecoming of sorts for me, as I once lived in Dallas for nine years. In fact, I met my husband there—we were both working at The Dallas Morning News—and we got married at Old City Park.
ACRP 2023 will inspire you to greatness. Join us as we spotlight your contributions to advancing health, connect you to purpose, and motivate you to be your best. Among the many opportunities we hope you will find inspiring at ACRP 2023, we invite you to:
- The Signature Series Session on Women in Clinical Research: Perspectives of Progress at 7:50 a.m. on Saturday, April 29
- A special presentation on Disrupting Healthcare Through Innovation: My Personal Story, A Brief History, and Endless Gratitude from Courtney Burnett, MD, Physician, Writer, and Brain Cancer Thriver, at 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 29
- The Signature Series Session on The Intersection of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Clinical Research: Strategies for Moving from Intentions to Actions at 7:50 a.m. on Sunday, April 30
- The Signature Series Session on Sound Off on DCTs at 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 30.
- The Signature Series Session on Sparks, Signals, and Success: Bringing Dedication to Disruption at 7:50 a.m. on Monday, May 1
ACRP 2023 will deliver gold-standard education, along with expertise and insights to support your professional development and ensure quality and integrity in the clinical research process. The session-sized learning at ACRP 2023 has been organized into the following “Content Journeys” for your convenience:
- Study Management & Conduct
- Regulatory Trends & Compliance
- Leadership & Career Growth
- Workforce Development
- Technology & Future Trends
Although you are more than welcome to do so, you don’t have to stay on a single journey throughout your time in Dallas, so feel free to explore wherever the spirit calls you.
ACRP 2023 will connect you to the people and resources you need to be successful in clinical research. No other event offers more opportunities to share kinship, knowledge, and fun with your community. You will have many chances for making and reinforcing connections with your new and old colleagues at such events as:
- The Opening Night Celebration for networking in the Expo Hall from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, April 28, for your first chance to meet with more than 100 leading-edge organizations and suppliers
- Additional Expo hours from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, May 1, including receptions both evenings starting at 5 p.m. (breakfast and lunch are served in the Expo Hall Saturday and Sunday)
- A variety of half-hour long “Small Talk” opportunities on focused topics scattered throughout the schedules on Saturday and Sunday (see the full schedule for details)
See You There!