Clinical Researcher—December 2017 (Volume 31, Issue 6)
Jeff Kingsley, DO, MBA, CPI, FACRP
How is it possible that we’ve come this close to the end of 2017 already? I want you to know that it has been a pleasure serving you as Chair of the Association Board of Trustees this past year.
Before we turn the calendar over to 2018, let’s take a moment to look at just a few of ACRP’s accomplishments from this past year. These are the result of the combined work of the talented ACRP team, the hundreds of volunteers, and the support of all our members and allies in this industry.
- ACRP developed and launched its first Workforce Innovation Steering Committees (WISC) and rapidly gained the support of industry leaders such as AstraZeneca, Merck & Co., Cancer Research UK, Medtronic, Advanced Clinical, and Celgene, to name just a few. The WISC will collaboratively define competence standards for clinical trials professionals.
- ACRP released its core competency framework for monitors/clinical research associates (CRAs) and received rapid industry acclaim.
- ACRP responded to the rapid evolution in roles of clinical research professionals with the development and successful launch of its new ACRP-CP certification program.
- ACRP launched a new clinical research mentorship program to further aid its pursuit of workforce development.
- ACRP and DrugDev partnered to increase the visibility of ACRP clinical researcher and site profiles, including details on the certification status of listed professionals.
- ACRP and Barnett announced a training partnership further expanding the training resources available to you at ACRP members-only discounted rates.
- ACRP created and successfully launched its highest credential—the Fellow of the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (FACRP). This status is granted by application only, and is awarded to those individuals who have invested their extensive time and energy toward furthering our industry both within and beyond ACRP.
- ACRP announced a collaboration with CRO Analytics to support clinical trial operations improvement through performance analytics.
- ACRP announced a new award to recognize clinical research organizations that are driving improvement in workforce development quality.
- ACRP announced its next WISC initiative to develop competence standards for clinical research coordinators (CRCs).
- ACRP and The Avoca Group announced a strategic partnership to drive quality and collaboration in clinical research.
Oh, and all that is on top of providing our industry-leading, independently accredited certification programs for principal investigators, CRCs, and CRAs. And our international annual Meeting & Expo. And the Clinical Researcher. And our professional development training programs. And…
This is an outstanding organization. Thank you for all your support. Let’s continue to enhance this industry.
Jeff Kingsley, DO, MBA, CPI, FACRP, (firstname.lastname@example.org) is chief executive officer of IACT Health in Columbus, Ga., and Chair of the 2017 Association Board of Trustees for ACRP.