SPECIAL ADVERTISING SUPPLEMENT
The term qualified is the guiding standard for a clinical research professional’s work assignments.1 Webster’s dictionary defines “qualified” as “being ‘competent’ to perform the assigned work, duty, function, or task.”
Given our healthcare industry roots, competency-based training for clinical research professionals is based on the model used to train healthcare professionals (e.g., doctors, nurses).
A competency-based training approach includes:
- Employee training procedures
- Robust job descriptions (experience, knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Identification of job duties, functions, topics for on-the-job training (OJT)
- Comprehensive training plans (includes OJT)
- Selection of trainers per defined requirements (competencies, work performance review)
- Maintenance of employee training files
- Strategic training program design:
- Definition of learning outcomes
- Training platform considerations that are in alignment with the learning outcomes
- Identification of “what’s next” after training completion (e.g., OJT)
Successful implementation of competency-based training programs includes the design and delivery of training using an appropriate training platform that supports employee engagement and optimal performance.
Barnett offers a number of role-based training programs, designed for core competency development in the following areas:
- 10-Week Clinical Research Associate (CRA) & Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) Beginner Program
- 10-Week CRA On-Boarding Program
- 10-Week CRC On-Boarding Program
- 30-Hour Clinical Data Management On-Boarding Program
- 30-Hour Clinical Project Management Fundamentals Certification Program
- 30-Hour Clinical Research Auditing Certification Program
Contact Barnett today to learn more about these courses. For more information, visit www.barnettinternational.com or call us at +1 781 972 5402.
Naila Ganatra, MEd, is General Manager at Barnett International. Naila’s background includes training program oversight for thousands of clinical research professionals globally. She is responsible for the day-to-day management of Barnett, including in-person, web-based training, and eLearning courses, as well as collaboration with Barnett’s extensive subject matter expert team to provide strategic training solutions for Barnett’s clients.